Thursday, November 27, 2003

The Chronicles of a Lost Southerner

Come as you are, as you were,
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is your, don't be late
Take a rest as a friend as an old memoria.
Nirvana “Come As You Are”

Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be.” That’s right people…come as you are. I’m thankful this year that we can do this – show up to our works, our parties, and our lives as we are. God bless the few who will cherish this privilege this strange year – and if you may, please step over the majority who forgot their gift. It may suck a great deal of the time but at least we get the choice to make it right. Or at least retire trying.  I’m still looking for my 40 acres and a mule, but for the time being it’s still a wonderful life.

Here we are now, entertain us… Don’t forget to tell the one you're with that you are thankful for them. If it is your lover, your wife, your friend, or your foe, tell them that you are grateful they made it our today. Time may be on our side but nothing will keep you here in the end. Cuz when it is over, how you gunna know how it ends?

To all my friends and family members, I would like to give thanks for having you in my life and for the memories. There have been many a things to be thankful for this year and few to mention. Let the powers you pray to at night (never an atheist in a fox hole…) watch over you this day. May happiness fill your heart and hunger never touch your stomach, let them come and collect your bones another day!

Don’t step on a crack jack
Cause it may break my mamas back.
Don’t you know man?
We all family here.


Happy Thanksgiving,
Jarvis

No comments:

Post a Comment